Clean British Energy / Green is Working lobby of Jason McCartney (MP for the Colne Valley)
Saturday 24th November Huddersfield Town Hall, Ramsden Street.
There are rumours of some negotiating/ haggling going on between the Chancellor and DECC on the 2030 decarbonisation target. See http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2219518/is-the-chancellor-preparing-to-cap-new-onshore-wind-farms
Join us as we say that the government’s Energy Bill must build the green economy.
Did you know?
- Last year 1/3 of UK economic growth came from green businesses.#
- The renewable electricity industry already employs 110, 000 people with the potential to employ tens of thousands more people
- Developing the green economy would reduce the UK’s balance of payments by reducing our imports of fossil fuels
- Green energy would help regional economies grow across the UK.
We’re calling on the government to:
- Decarbonise Electricity by 2030
- Keep Aviation and Shipping in the Climate Act
11.45 am Photo stunt (Please wear something green)
12.00-12.30pm Lobby of Jason McCartney, MP for the Colne Valley. Please note: This meeting is by prior arrangement so if you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21st November.
For more information see http://stopclimatechaos.org/green-is-working